This Policy describes the types of personal data collected when you use our Sites and Apps and how your personal data is used, shared and protected. It also explains the choices you have relating to your personal data and how you can contact us.
WHO is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
BT projects NV is responsible for the processing of your personal data
The Brand Cycleur de Luxe® or BT projects NV are referred to as "Cycleur de Luxe" or "we".
WHAT Personal Data We Collect and WHEN
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, contact our consumer services, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or interact with our Sites or use our Apps.
This personal data includes your:
- Contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address
- Login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID
- Personal details including gender, hometown, date of birth and purchase history
- Payment or credit card information
- Images, photos and videos
- Data on physical characteristics, including weight, height, and body measurements (such as estimated stride and shoe/foot measurements or bra sizes)
- Personal preferences including your wish list as well as marketing and cookie preferences
We use additional personal data in order to enable particular features within our Sites and Apps or services.
This personal data includes your:
- Movement data from your device’s accelerometer
- Photos, contacts and calendar information
- (GPS) location data
- Social network information, including credentials and any information from your public posts about Cycleur de Luxe® or your communications with us
When interacting with our Sites and Apps, data is automatically collected and shared with Cycleur de Luxe® by the technology platforms providing the experience.
For example, your web browser or mobile device may share certain data with Cycleur de Luxe® as those devices interact with Cycleur de Luxe® Sites or Apps.
More information about these practices is included in the Cookies and Pixel Tags section below.
This data includes:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags
Tools to Manage What We Collect
When using our Apps, we also inform you about our collection and use through standard permissions in app stores, mobile operating systems, and in the App experience. We also prompt you for your consent where necessary.
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of information. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
WHY and HOW We Use (Process) Your Personal Data
We use the personal data we collect from you in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Sites, Apps, and Services You Request
When you use our Sites and Apps, we will use your data to provide the product or service you have selected. For example, if you make a purchase on Cycleurdeluxe.com, or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion. If you reach out to our customer services, we will use information about you, such as delivery or payment information, or the product you have purchased to help you resolve a problem or question.
In many cases, to use particular features within our Sites, Apps, and services you may need to provide Cycleur de Luxe® with additional data or additional consent to use particular data in a certain way. For example, to share content on social media, you may be required to provide your social media account credentials.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
To modify your (email or SMS) subscriptions or to opt-out of receiving Cycleur de Luxe® communication, please contact us to exercise your rights related to your personal data via the contact details in the “Question and Feedback” section below or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an existing customer of Cycleur de Luxe® (for example, if you have placed an order with us), we may use the email address provided to send you marketing communications about similar Cycleur de Luxe® products or services, unless you have opted-out. In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information about Cycleur de Luxe® products, services, events and promotions. We may use the information that you provide to us as well as information from other Cycleur de Luxe® products or services - such as your use of Cycleur de Luxe® Sites and Apps, your visits to or purchases made in Cycleur de Luxe® stores, your participation in Cycleur de Luxe® events and contests (possibly through other Cycleur de Luxe® affiliates) - to personalize communications on products and services that may be interesting for you. Where legally required, we will also seek your consent for sending marketing communications.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
We may use the data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we may use that information for accounting, auditing and other internal functions. As another example, we may use data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites and Apps.
To Protect Our or Others' Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Sites, Apps and Services to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors of Cycleurdeluxe.com search for and find products. This to better organize and present product offerings in our storefront.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
SHARING of Your Personal Data
Cycleur de Luxe® Sharing
Cycleur de Luxe® shares your personal data with:
- Cycleur de Luxe® affiliates for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above
- Third party service providers process personal data on Cycleur de Luxe® behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
When you use certain social features on our sites you can share content with your friends or the public, including information about your Cycleur de Luxe® activity. We encourage you to use the tools we provide for managing Cycleur de Luxe® social sharing to control what information you make available through Cycleur de Luxe® social features.
PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT of your Personal Data
Encryption & Security:
We use a variety of technical and organizational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to maintain the safety of your personal data. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to these systems.
International data transfers:
The personal data we collect or generate (process) in the context of our Sites and Apps will be stored in BELGIUM. Some of the data recipients with whom Cycleur de Luxe® shares your personal data may be located in countries other than the country in which your personal data originally was collected. The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your data. Nevertheless, when we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries, including Belgium, we will protect that personal data as described in this Policy and in compliance with applicable law.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we take measures to comply with applicable legal requirements and ensure adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to recipients in countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland.
Retention of your data:
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, except if required otherwise by law.
Your rights related to your personal data:
You have the right to request: (i)access to your personal data; (ii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iii) deletion of your personal data. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on compelling legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, including opting-out from the use for direct marketing purposes.
COOKIES and Pixel Tags
Cycleur de Luxe® receives and records information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Sites. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Sites such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via Sites through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Sites within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Sites’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Sites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through Cycleur de Luxe® Sites or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Sites and Apps more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Applicable law and our practices change over time. If we decide to update our Policy, we will post the changes on our Sites and Apps. If we materially change the way in which we process personal data, we will provide you with prior notice, or where legally required, request your consent prior to implementing such changes. We strongly encourage you to read our Policy and keep yourself informed of our practices. This Policy was last modified in May 2018.
QUESTIONS and Feedback
We welcome questions, comments, and concerns about our Policy and privacy practices.
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns, or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, please contact Consumer Services or our Privacy Officer at:
- Privacy Officer, BT Projects NV, Antoon Catriestraat 39C, 9031 Drongen, Belgium
You may also send us an email at email@example.com.
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner.